For several reasons, such as
* My ongoing struggles with chronic illness
* My past ignorance of transition
* Many people losing access to healthcare if Republican plans go through
I think I’m going to need to know more about medicine to take care of myself, and I don’t think I’m alone in this need.
For other reasons, such as
* Side effects of drugs and supplements
* Persistence of abusive treatments for queer and autistic kids
* Outbreaks of disease in under-vaccinated areas
* Growth of the police state and prison state with the drug war
I think we'd mostly be better off if we knew more about medicine.
What are good, cheap, accessible starting points?
- Medical Self-Education?